Monday, June 07, 2010

Sunday

We fasted today and went to a Spanish branch in Port Isabel. There were about 30 people for sacrament meeting. We met in a rented store in the back of the strip mall - it brought back memories. We then went to redbox and got 3 movies to watch and sat around all day Sunday and watched movies until the NBA game 2 finals. What a relaxing day. After the game we walked down to the beach and strolled along hand in hand feeling the sand between our toes and listening to the waves crash on the beach...until I was hit in the back by a flying venomous insect the size of a small bird which caused me to fly forward landing on the sand on my face. I yelled for help to get it off and the only person around would not come to my aid. Instead she stood there on the beach jumping and flapping her hands and screaming, "Eewwwww." Finally a 2x4 was seen laying nearby and as she wielded the huge stick and swung it toward the awful beast sucking my life out of me through my back, it let go with its fangs and was dislodged as we both were hit with the board. I could not reach the swelling mound on my back as I screamed for mud to be used to lessen the pain. Again, no response to my ailing cries for help. I drug myself through the sand leaving a trench as a mark of my path looking for solace. Finally I reached my condo and was able to get into my bed which became quickly soaked with sweat as I fought the poison in my body that was trying to take my life and my vacation from me. As I fought on during the night I was continually being propped up on a angle more and more as a result of the swelling on my back increasing. The next morning I woke to find that I had survived the attack and was able to go on. I did received a rub on my back by my would be rescuer with the comforting words, "Quite being a baby, it is fine."

2 comments:

Moss Mob said...

Dave totally blew that out of proportion. It was a very large mosquito.
I also helped kill the mosquito and came to the aid of my so called "helpless" husband.
Although I have never seen a bug bite get so big so fast and he couldn't stop itching it.

Janiel said...

Tamara you are so good to put up with this boy of ours. I started to laugh as I read the story I knew there had to be another side to it