

We got up this morning and got packed and out the door by about 9am. We ate at Denny's in downtown San Antonio then hit the road. We arrived in Laredo and found my old address but no pink palace (I lived in a pink trailer next to a house), they had it hauled off. We then went to Mcallen and found one of the old apartments and then to Brownsville and found my old apartment to the side of a house. I didn't have the address in McAllen and was able to find it and the one in Brownsville hadn't changed. But still, I really didn't think things would have changed so much but they have. I guess if I compare it to St. George 23 years ago the same holds true. We then drove to South Padre Island where a friend from McAllen so many years ago has a condo and allowed us to stay there. We got in late, bought some food, supplies, and rented a video at the grocery store and set up camp in the condo. We are about 1 block from the beach.
No comments:
Post a Comment