Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday

We woke up this morning and ate breakfast at the Motel. We then got on lds.org and put in my old address for Austin and found 2 wards, a Spanish ward and an English one (there used to be only one and it was translated). I asked Tam which one and she asked me what time they were at. I told her the Spanish ward was at 9:00 am...she interrupted and said, "We're going to the English ward, cause I know it's not earlier than 9." She made a good choice: As I am sitting there, in walks a family I knew from that ward 22 years ago. After church we talked briefly but I had contacted a friend I made at the FBI National Academy and told him we wanted to stop and see him after church so we had to go. I got their phone number to call them later. We then went and saw Forrest Mitchell and his family and had a good visit.

After that we out to eat at Buca di beppo's and it was fantastic. Then we called Lung's and met up with them over at Suyen's house - she was 2 or 3 when I knew her. John, Josie and Meioi were there. Nyi, another daughter was there with her two kids. Mayling the oldest daughter couldn't make it. It was great fun reminiscing.

No comments: